A lovely short experience that offered insight into this short time period in the developers life.
The Rapha Festive 500
How to play:
- Move left/right/up/down with your keyboard arrows.
- Move into the brown items to get the pieces of story for each panel.
- Use arrows or space to progress through text.
- Use the arrows to progress to the next panel.
- You cannot return to a previous panel.
- If the game doesn't respond try clicking the game to restore focus, or re-load the page.
About the Game:
This is a small Bitsy game recording my 2018-19 completion of the Rapha Festive 500.
The Rapha Festive 500 is a Strava challenge to ride 500km in the 8 days between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day.
Normally I am a narrative designer and writer for games, I also speak at events (Indiecade, V&A, Gamecity, A MAZE, etc.) about activism in art, narrative design and writing, and I have a PhD in games against capitalism. You can find me on Twitter at @hannahnicklin, or my website at hannahnicklin.com